Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pulley questions

I've been debating wheter to get a pulley or not,maybe you guys can help me deicide.
This is going on a A4 but mi idle is raised to 900 rpm's but then again i'm about to put a system,and i'm also waiting to install my hid kit.I was thinking about the overdrive pulley,but won't that hurt the performance of the underdrive pulley?
Old 07-04-2004, 01:15 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by vomitcorpse
I've been debating wheter to get a pulley or not,maybe you guys can help me deicide.
This is going on a A4 but mi idle is raised to 900 rpm's but then again i'm about to put a system,and i'm also waiting to install my hid kit.I was thinking about the overdrive pulley,but won't that hurt the performance of the underdrive pulley?
I was hoping to get more info on this than the search button has provided me with as well....I have a bolt on only A4 car and was considering either an ASP or March underdrive pulley.
I don't care about dyno numbers (I have yet to even dyno my car) just looking for track and street gains.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Default don't think its worth the money

don't think this mod is worth it with no other mods...not saying it doesn't do anything...but for the price you pay...don't think its the best bang for buck at all...go with something else for 200+ dollars...thats jus my .02
Old 07-04-2004, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

I just got a pulley put on. I got the overdrive alt pulley but havent put it on yet. As far as gains go I didnt really notice that much improvement but I havent had it but a week and only driven the car but 3 times. We will see if the gain is really worth it when I get out to the track
Old 07-05-2004, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Anyone else with more opinions?My question wasn't really answered.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok I dont think that the overdrive pulley would hurt the performance of the underdrive pulley. Its hard to find someone with the overdrive pulley because most just use the crank pulley and thats it. If you want to put a system in then I would say to do the pulley, I have a system and I can see the lights dim when the bass hits. Plus with everything on the battery doesnt charge as well as when the car was stock. If the overdrive does affect performance its not enought to notice