Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catback Pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Catback Pics

I have searched and cannot find many pics of new and used catbacks. Although sound, flow, and price are important, a catback that will look nice and last a long time are also important things to consider.

It would be great if you guys could post some pictures of various catbacks (on the car or not) so people can see how they will look after some time on the car. And don't just post if they look good! Personally, I want to know how much surface rust will get on the exhaust over time.

I would like a picture of stainless exhaust--both high grade (borla, corsa, gmmg, etc.) and lower grade (magnaflow) and also aluminized (hooker, flowmaster, etc.). I have heard varying opinions on whether lower grade ss and aluminum will rust, so post some pics and settle it!

Include the following:
1. What catback it is and how long it has been on the car.
2. What area of the country you are located.
3. How much rain and snow the car sees.

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a question.. as long as your tips don't rust. Why do you car if the exhaust under the car gets a little surface rust? Any of the stainless exhausts will be fine as long as they aren't covered in salt for 5 months outta the year. I've personally seen a Magnaflow that was three years old. Looked kinda cruddy. Wiped it down with a nice soapy rag.. and BLING BLING again..
Old 07-04-2004, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

I don't have any pics of the actual muffler and tailpipes of my Corsa, just the tips.

However The pipes are a deep bronze that stainless turns over time and the muffler is still very shiny. The clamps are perfect. Absolutely no rust...of course stainless doesn't rust.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a used SLP Dual/Dual catback that came off of a Firehawk. I used some steel wool and some polishing compound and it looks better than new. I just polish it once in a great while and it looks great!
Old 07-04-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

What I really wanted to see was how the stainless compared to the aluminized that comes on the Hooker catback. Anyone have pics?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Launching!

SLP 2OTL Been on the car now for almost 2 years. Pics taken after about 1 year. Tips are still looking good mind you with a little of stainless polish. Been a daily driver up until a couple of months ago. Drove only sparingly in the winter(no snow but a bit of salt and grime). And I'm in good ole WV a 4 season state here.

JasonG
Old 07-06-2004, 02:25 AM
Teching In

Thumbs up Atr Pitbull

Hey Bro, This is a picture of the stainless steel ATR Pitbull cat back. It comes with polished tips and muffler. ATR does excellent work on their cat back systems. This is the 4th one i have bought for my cars. The sound is awsome. Nice mellow sound normal driving and ultra free flowing at WOT. No need for cutouts or dumps. I am going to install it this week end. Its for a Tran Am.
Attached Thumbnails Catback Pics-dsc00102.jpg  

Quick Reply: Catback Pics