Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are these connectors?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these connectors?

My engine is a pullout from a 2002 Firebird TA with T56. I'm trying to cut down the loom at the moment but have some bits I can't yet identify:

3 x waterproof connectors, one black/tan, one black/grey and one tan/grey - I've traced the wires for these and presume they link up into the dash on the original car?

1 x single wire waterproof connector with a fat pink wire coming out of it - looks like it might route down to the starter motor but seems to be connected to earth

2 x "square" connectors, one white, one blue - on the end of a long piece of cable with a rubber grommet on it

Other than that, it all looks pretty straightforward!!!
Old 07-05-2004, 05:12 AM
On The Tree

Here is a picture to make things clearer...
Attached Thumbnails What are these connectors?-connectors.jpg  
Old 07-05-2004, 01:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the first 3 are connectors should be C100 C101 and C105 that are on the passenger fender, they go to the body harness.

the big purple one is the starter, not sure on how its wired.

the last 2 appear to be the 2 connectors that go into the cabin through the firewall (thats why the grommet is there) but im not sure what the connectors are numbered, or what they do.

... note, if you don't need that grommet, and your taking it off, I'll buy it from you, i need to replace mine on my f-car, but can't get the part number from the dealer for it.

wish you the best of luck, wish i could be more help, but i don't have access to any shop manuals right now.

Ryan
Old 07-06-2004, 04:29 AM
On The Tree

Wire A (YEL/BLK) from the C101 connector routes through to the white square connector if that is any help. I think it might be the VATS starter enable relay?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:31 AM
On The Tree

Looking at it more closely, the square connectors must route back to the fuel tank as they seem to link up with the fuel related pins on the PCM (e.g. RED 54 - fuel level sensor, RED 64 - fuel tank pressure). I have managed to take the pins out of the RED connector - it's fiddly to dismantle, but easy once they are out.