Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New TSP transparent lid

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New TSP transparent lid

I received my TSP clear induction lid & smooth bellows today. Everything went smooth on the install. Though I think that I would have gone faster if I had known in advance that the bellow has to be trimed down to provide you with a good fit for the lid.

Also, has any one else had a problem with not getting a good seal between there airbox and lid? Lid fitment is great, it looks like its the filter. I have a K&N, it almost seams as if the rubber gasket around the filter isn't thick enough for it to be pinched and make a good tight seal.

P.S. Thanks TEXAS SPEED, the lid looks awesome and it was shipped to me super quick considering the 3 day weekend!
Old 07-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You probably need the rubber gasket. Just call or email K&N and they will send you one for free, actually they sent me 2.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my K&N, even with the supplied tape on gasket. I found part of a leaf on the MAF screen when I took the filter out to be cleaned. I changed to a Holly Powershot after that which has a much larger seal. It fit and sealed just like the original paper filter.
Old 07-08-2004, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks J Rod,

I Just got off the phone with K&N they are express shipping me a gasket free of charge, to fix this problem. they must have this complaint fairly often, all i did was say what year and engine i have and he already knew what the problem was.