Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers

i know no one wants to see this question but i have searched and searched to find so many mixed opinions. And i have read jrps post about exhuast many times.

I have found that slp headers are hard to install, hang low but have a really good coating(or material) yet some people say the performance gain isnt as good as kooks and others say it is better.

I also hear everyone say go w/ stainless steel first, then ceramic, then if u have to , but you should never do it, go with painted. i also hear people saying you will have to take the painted headers and sometimes ceramic off in 6 months and paint them w/ a hi temp paint. I also see big differences with how long the different coating last but i suppose it all about the climate and storage of the car.

I thought about getting flowtechs coated because i have seen that they are basically the exact thing as hookers. I also thought about getting usued slp because they probably wont rust. I cant and wont spend over $800 on headers and y pipe.

I live in the south so it never snows here and does rain a lot.

First i was wondering if the only drawback to getting painted headers would they will look rusty? Does it hurt performance? I only plan to keep my car about 3 years untill i get out of college then buy something else. Wont a painted coating last that long and not completely rust though? Arent the manifolds basically like painted headers or are they made from something better.

Considering the information i have given whats the best way to go w/o spending all the money on kooks? So far I am leaning toward usued slps or new flowtechs and painting them with some really good high temp paint.

Last edited by Tiger2o69; 07-10-2004 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2004, 04:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt anyone