Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 to LS6 Swap Problems HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 03:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry LS1 to LS6 Swap Problems HELP PLEASE!

This is for a 99 Vette A4 Switched them out last night had no problems during install. Start the car up and idleing funny no sensor problems or nothing. car was on for a good 10 min idle went up then down up then down i reved my engine a lil and soundend like a whistle. i did not have a Torque wrench i just hand tightend them. i come to check it this morning and check enging light is on. and idle is going up then down up then down..... HELP would be very ...uhh helpfull
Old 07-10-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Veteran

I am guessing you are talking about LS1-LS6 intake manifold swap, With the idle surging and ses lamp being on, i am sure you have a vacuum leak of some sort. either a hose not connected properly or the intake did not sit down all the way. Checked all hoses that were removed or could have come loose and see if you can pinpoint the whistleing you here. good luck
Old 07-10-2004, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

check the plastic clips that go to the knock sensors
i was told they need to be removed for it to seat properly.. have this same problem now.. throwing codes p0418 and p0412 and some others

hope that'll fix it