Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nobody seems to know, so I'm posting here.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 12:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nobody seems to know, so I'm posting here.

I have a 5.3 and am getting a Weiand/Lingenfelter intake and an 80mm BBK throttle body. Its the LS1 style intake, so has anybody done this on a truck? I know people talk about putting on LS6 intakes and I need to know what needs to be done with the EGR tube since the trucks go in on the side and the LS1's go in on the top (same as this other intake) and if I will need the fuel rails off of a LS1 or if my rails and injectors will work. Also any other things that I might run into along the way
Old 07-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Launching!

I do know the injectors are different between the 5.3 and the LS1/LS6.
Diameter is the same but the length is different.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The truck intake is actually a very good intake. It ranks up there with the LS-6, but won't fit under the cowl of camaro's and firebirds, so you never hear about it. The runners are also tuned for more torque for the heavier trucks. There is no way I would swap it for a crappy weiland intake. I wouldn't swap the intake at all, but if you have to, I'd get a LS-6. The truck will probablly feel more slouchy in the lower rpm's due to the runner design. I'd also ditch the BBK throttle body for a nice Bauer or Jantzer ported stock TB. My opinion, get a ported TB and spend the $400+ fromt he intake on something that will help.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

I believe the intake is designed for idle to 6,500 rpm. I'm getting this stuff used. It has 2,000 miles on it and he wants $450 for the package deal. The intake lists for $450 and the throttle body I believe is $400 also. Looking into a Whipple charger right now. And I was thinking if its charged the intake and throttle body would help quite a bit then. Along with the Headers and Westers PCM.

I did a search and saw that the 6.0 intake produces more power than any of the others now. And the 5.3 and 6.0 intakes are the same though right. Somebody told me the 6.0 intakes were better, so I bought one. Then somebody else said they are the same so its just setting in the box right now not being used

Last edited by Bagg'd99; 07-12-2004 at 06:07 PM.