Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting a 3rd exhaust.. hopefully I'll stick with the new setup. Need advice..

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting a 3rd exhaust.. hopefully I'll stick with the new setup. Need advice..

My first exhaust setup came on the car..

It was SLP Dual Dual cat-back and was just WAY to quiet

so I bought my current setup.. The dynomouth setup. Its pretty loud, but of course not loud enough for me As all Loudmouth and dynomouth owners know.. this setup sounds good on a stock car without any headers. Once you add headers and an ORY it sounds like absolute ***

Now that I'm adding headers into the mix, I'm gonna ditch the Dynomouth setup and opt for true duals. I'm doing the swap not only from a performance stand point... I'm doing it because I want people to turn their head when I go by. I've been planning on going with Lanes True Duals with the 18' bullets, BUT I didnt know if it would be any louder than my current setup without headers.

On a scale from 1-10

1 being a stock LS1
and 10 being EXTREMELY loud.. what would you rate Lanes True duals with headers with no cats?

I would say SLP Loudmouth is about a 6-7 and i want louder and deeper than that... am I wasting time?
Old 07-20-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Veteran

I think it will be louder than the Loudmouth but I would get GMMG instead of True Dual's.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2_wacko
I think it will be louder than the Loudmouth but I would get GMMG instead of True Dual's.
GMMG is out of my price range.. Its 800 bucks and NOT worth it IMO I can spend 800 bucks and have another cat-back or I can spend 500 and have true duals that sound, and flow better.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the TSP true duals set up, and there is not rasp at all! It has 18 bullets and i have no cats with pacesetter lts. I have heard loudmouth before, and IMO it sounds like ***. The tone is very deep and can be heard a long ways off. It might not be much louder as the deepness will increase so much!