Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mystery vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mystery vacuum line

Im rebuilding my formula after a front end accident. I had to replace everything from the radiator support forward basically including the radiator support itself and the passenger side frame rail. Anyways, I've got the car back together for the most part now but I can't figure out where one vacuum line goes. It runs along the passenger side fender well along with a bunch of wires. The vac line ends down below the the headlight assembly on that side. There's a plug two that is about the same length that looks as though it may plug into something around the same area as the vac line. Are there any emissions equipment located in the area behind and the headlight, sort of under the battery that I forgot to plug back in? The other end of the vacuum line runs under the cowl on the passenger side and plugs into a small accumulator thingy near the computer.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Staging Lane

It runs down to the bottom of the frame under the front facia to the Vacuum Tank.

E
Old 07-28-2004, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Without this plugged in, your AC will not run on "High" and come out the top ducts. YOu get cold air but lower ducts only.

E
Old 07-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Are you sure there's a vacuum tank on a 98? I have a parts list on CD-ROM for these cars and I don't see a tank on 98-02's...
Old 07-28-2004, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

Oh wait, I see now. I was thinking of a vapor canister type thing. I looked on the parts CD under the A/C section and it definately shows a vacuum tank. Thanks for the help, now for those extra plugs...