Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Muffler? Resonator?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Muffler? Resonator?

In the future I plan on replacing my Loudmouth with a true dual system and headers. I'm just wondering on what muffler/resonator would be the best. I talked to a guy at ramchargers once and he said that dynomax maid a very good muffler with a nice rumble with out the rasp. Then I've heard descent things on thunders. What do you think would be the best muffler/resonator for a true dual system and headers. I just want that nice american muscle roar when you hit it with a nice rumble when idling, same as everyone else. I heard the bullet was raspy also, don't want that if it is. I have checked out some of the sounds the site offers, but it doesn't seem the same as being right there. And if I get true duals does anyone recommend getting cats? I would like some feedback on this!
Old 09-30-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
In the future I plan on replacing my Loudmouth with a true dual system and headers. I'm just wondering on what muffler/resonator would be the best. I talked to a guy at ramchargers once and he said that dynomax maid a very good muffler with a nice rumble with out the rasp. Then I've heard descent things on thunders. What do you think would be the best muffler/resonator for a true dual system and headers. I just want that nice american muscle roar when you hit it with a nice rumble when idling, same as everyone else. I heard the bullet was raspy also, don't want that if it is. I have checked out some of the sounds the site offers, but it doesn't seem the same as being right there. And if I get true duals does anyone recommend getting cats? I would like some feedback on this!
You're gonna get flamed for not doing a search..

Let's get one thing outta the way.. There's no rasp involved with true duals.

As far as mufflers go, there are quite a few to choose from:
Bullets
Sweet-Thunders
Borla XR-1s
Magnaflow
Edelbrock
Spintech
Flo Pro
Moroso spiral flow
Flowmaster 1 chamber (Delta Force race mufflers)

They're all gonna be loud, with dynomax, sweet-thunder, flo pro, and moroso being the loudest.

I've had Borla XR-1s and I'm now running sweet-thunders. The Borlas sounded great and were quiet inside of the car. The sweet-thunders just sound mean as ****. I get looks from everyone when I'm just cruising with them.

It's all up to you.. Do more research on the topic. You'll find 100s of post and tons of videos. (www.ls1sounds.com) I personally have posted 3-4 videos of TD setups..

Good Luck

Look in my sig..
http://www.angelfire.com/ult/insayne...rcomp_0002.wmv
Old 09-30-2004, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

no cats with duals. if your going with true duals, i take it you like loud. if you like loud, and deep, go with sweet thunder chambered mufflers. you'll love them. otherwise try borla xr-1's, or dynamax.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

hahahaha....i'm so tired i forgot to flame him for not doing a search....i'm going to have to punish myself for that later.....

posted same time....thats too funny.....
Old 09-30-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn simultaneous posts.. haha