Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need to pick up band clamps quick...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 06:52 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to pick up band clamps quick...

Anyone know where to get 3" band clamps pretty quick? Muffler is suppose to be coming in Mon. and I want to go ahead and put it on that night but need to pick some up after work. Like at Lowes' or Home Depot or even a muffler shop if possible. Anyone think it's a bad idea to use clamps instead of welding it because I'm giong to dump it at the muffler and get rid of the tailpipe for now???
Old 10-09-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by storm5.3
Anyone know where to get 3" band clamps pretty quick? Muffler is suppose to be coming in Mon. and I want to go ahead and put it on that night but need to pick some up after work. Like at Lowes' or Home Depot or even a muffler shop if possible. Anyone think it's a bad idea to use clamps instead of welding it because I'm giong to dump it at the muffler and get rid of the tailpipe for now???
Any of your local auto parts stores should have band clamps. I've always used bandclamps on my exhausts. No problems here.
Old 10-09-2004, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Yea, almost all autoparts stores keep them in stock now. They are much cheaper than they used to be too, I picked one up at NAPA last week for $2.80.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:52 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Thanks, I'll check N.A.P.A. Mon. after work...Zed