Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 vs ls6 intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 10:06 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default ls1 vs ls6 intake

for those wondering if an ls6 intake is a mod worth doing the proof is in the pudding. this is the cfm that the engine see's, and thats the only thing that counts. this is the flow of my mildly ported heads with my 03 ls6 intake and my 98 ls1 intake.

* CFM data range was removed to give strictly a visual representation of the differences, not what the heads flow.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't dispute that the LS6 is a worthwhile mod...anyone planning on putting in a cam better do this first. I just didn't think I would have to get a tune because of it. I tried resetting the PCM today...the car ran better but I think that was due more to the fact that it's 10-15 degrees cooler today with 20% less humidity.

I was going to buy an HPTuner anyways....looks like I'll have to buy it sooner.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:16 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000WS6Vert
I don't dispute that the LS6 is a worthwhile mod...anyone planning on putting in a cam better do this first. I just didn't think I would have to get a tune because of it. I tried resetting the PCM today...the car ran better but I think that was due more to the fact that it's 10-15 degrees cooler today with 20% less humidity.

I was going to buy an HPTuner anyways....looks like I'll have to buy it sooner.
no tuning is required w/ the ls6 intake. have you explored other causes for your slower track times.