Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

I have a little question, when i had my 00 V6 camaro i had an exhaust system put on and after that I noticed that my fuel guage started to act funny, it wasnt reading right and I also noticed that my fuel was getting eatin up real fast. Now that I own a 98 Trans Am im looking at Magnaflow at the moment and then add some hooker LT and ypipe. But I want to know if I get a local shop to install my exhaust system will I have the same problems with my car now, will it eat my gas up, or Do i need to somehow mess with the air/fuel ratio or get a programmer to mess with it?? any help will be greatfull thanks
Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The headers will some times make the car run rich. Which you will see a loss in gas milage. Your computer should figure this out and make adjustments. You might want to wait untill you forfill those plans in your sig then have a good dyno tune done. Also with the exception of my cam I gained about 30mi to the tank on hiway.