Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing to True Duals REAL soon

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing to True Duals REAL soon

Ok...I've had the magnaflow catback on for about a month now but I have only had the car out three times with it on. I CANT take the Y pipe banging anymore!!!! Ditching my brand new magnaflow catback and Y pipe and getting the TSP true dual setup. Is there any banging or rubbing issues with the TSP true dual setup? I have pacesetter LT headers so will they bolt right up?
Old 11-06-2004, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Default bang

Ive had mine on for a little over a month now and have no banging problems. One guy said that he did but he hasn't tweaked it yet so that will go away, they require a little tweaking to get them to tuck up in there right, I thought putting the headers on was going to be a pain, but they were easy, the longest part was tweaking the duals. I belive they fit Pace setter but not positive, just call and ask. Good luck, and your gonna love the sound over any y-pipe setup.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

They fit pacesetters I'm pretty sure.

I have some ground clearance issues but that's because I just slapped them on and haven't tried to tuck them up yet. They scrape on things every now and then but it has to do with the fact it's being held up by 2 bolts and I haven't had it welded up yet. Clearance is remarkably good for a 3" true dual system once you get a shop to tuck/weld it up.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

I cant wait to get them in.......I have heard nothing but good things about the sound and setup. The only thing I dread is jacking my car up for the third time to do this....lol. At least it isnt as bad as the headers I am sure. As soon as I get the magnaflow off it will be listed in the For Sale section.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1998CruzMssl
I cant wait to get them in.......I have heard nothing but good things about the sound and setup. The only thing I dread is jacking my car up for the third time to do this....lol. At least it isnt as bad as the headers I am sure. As soon as I get the magnaflow off it will be listed in the For Sale section.
If you like the sound of the Magnaflow, but hate the banging of the ORY.. Why not just spend $40 on the new Mufflex Y-pipe hanger? Seems like a good solution..
Old 11-06-2004, 08:17 PM
Launching!

I just went through the exact same ordeal. Hooker headers and Hooker ORY, the Y was banging so bad i never took the car above 3k rpm with those on. I have had the TSP true duals on for about 4 days now, I like them. Interior noise is fairly high, but you don't get a setup like this to sound like a stock Lexus either. I had a buddy of mine do a flyby for me last night (in the middle of downtown Charlotte no less) at about 70 at WOT, it sounded like some ungodly demon raging down the road. It was great. Set off 3 car alarms. Im sure the sound reflecting off the buildings was helping it out, but still it was wicked. I think im gonna do some experimentation with other mufflers, starting with some Magnaflows (the shop I work at we are direct with them, so price does have a bearing here). Also considering Bassani, Sweet Thunders, or maybe some of those Pro-Flo Twisters. Naturally i wont try them all, but I just want to tweak the sound a bit.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

put a screwdriver in there and rev the car up real quick... it bent mine..... side stepping the clutch at 6600 also works
Old 11-06-2004, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

after hearing how good the True Duals sound I have to get them. I should have went that route in the first place but experimenting isnt exactly a bad thing I guess.....now I know, lol
Old 11-06-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Addict

u selling the E-cutout then?
Old 11-07-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

....but experimenting isnt exactly a bad thing I guess.....now I know, lol
No its not, but can get expensive if you do it too often
Old 11-07-2004, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ramairstyle00
u selling the E-cutout then?
My buddy asked me about it....let me ask him if he still wants it and I will let you know in a couple days. I only have the Electric part that goes on the cutout. Somebody already took the 3" cutout.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:13 PM
TECH Addict

My buddy asked me about it....let me ask him if he still wants it and I will let you know in a couple days. I only have the Electric part that goes on the cutout. Somebody already took the 3" cutout.
i have a cutout but my McCord plate died on me so i wanna try a QTP
Old 11-07-2004, 05:31 PM
TECH Resident

Who sells this setup?
Old 11-07-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CNTLSE 1
Who sells this setup?
Texas Speed and Performance ->

You'll need long tube headers for it to work.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

What tweaking are they talking about? I'm putting the eibach lowering springs on soon so would that cause me problems???
Old 11-08-2004, 05:53 PM
TECH Regular

Default Tweaking

Originally Posted by CNTLSE 1
What tweaking are they talking about? I'm putting the eibach lowering springs on soon so would that cause me problems???
You'll see, when you put everything on there the first time it's gonna sit to low or off to one side, you just have to turn one pipe here and another there untill it fits right. I have some pics of mine with eibach pros, it's low but I havn't had any bad scrapping problems, but im carefull where I drive. If you lower the car and put this sytem on, speed bumbs will not be your friends, I go around them, even if it means driving up and down the parking lot lanes to go around. The pics are on this post.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/228355-tsp-true-duals-jet-hot-headers-pics.html
Old 11-08-2004, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Well....I ordered my TSP true dual system today. Cant wait to get it on!!!! It is going to be like Christmas for gods sake. This is a last minute mod before putting my car away for the winter months. Since I have a TA I will take it in the spring to get it run out the back and I am also lowering it so that will help too. But for now I will just be glad to get that damn Y-Pipe off. I will keep you up to date after the intall.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

man, I have TSP's duals and absolutely love them...my old set up was Jet Hot LT's, Jet Hot Y, and magnaflow catback...that damn Y banged like a **** until I put in a poly Trans Mount, but then the drive train noise was disgusting....now, I have the deep noise that i've always wanted!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1BadMoFo
man, I have TSP's duals and absolutely love them...my old set up was Jet Hot LT's, Jet Hot Y, and magnaflow catback...that damn Y banged like a **** until I put in a poly Trans Mount, but then the drive train noise was disgusting....now, I have the deep noise that i've always wanted!

I hear ya about the Y pipe...totally SUCKS!!!! hopefully I can get it on this weekend but probably wont receive it until around monday but oh well. did you have any trouble installing the TSP dual setup?
Old 11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

no, not much trouble. I did need to rent a pipe expander for most of the joints, and I had to put a small dent on the drivers side pipe that goes up to the header, in order to keep it from banging just like the Y pipe did...