Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor install

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default motor install

hey, just got of the phone with nick (can say enough how much a help and knowledgeable nick and the crew at APE are..) at APE and order my new motor. (These are gonna be the longest three to four weeks of my life!!).....i blew my motor about two weeks ago....my rod knock got so bad that it sounded like a drive-by with an AK!!!

Anyways, i wanted to know what else would i need to make it a complete "Bolt-on" experience or what should i be looking out for?

Im installing from the bottom on a lift...can i install it with the headers on already or install them after?

So far i've ordered the complete long block with a complete valvetrain, QTP headers and y-pipe, torque converter ss3600, wires, plugs, computer tune "mail order", and injectors. also an oil pump, timing chain, all the gaskets and bolts from ARP.

ANy suggestions?

Thanks...
Old 11-15-2004, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

K member would be nice. Might want to get some verification on the 408 with tublar kmember. Hope you like your new power.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Addict

wat brand are your k members? I've thought about them but i read that theyt were noise or the flexed moe than the stock ones
Old 11-15-2004, 09:14 PM
TECH Addict

i also looking for some help in installation.....any tips would do.......thanks
Old 11-16-2004, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a pro fab k member No problems here. But if your 408 is iron you might want to get someone elses opinion about that.There is alittle more road noise with after market k member but not that bad. If your useing a lift thats about as easy as you can get. I have a table that is a hydraulic lift From harbor freight. I put my car up on a lift and rolled the table under the car supporting the motor. Then just disconect all suspention from lower A arms,Stearing, all electrical connections from motor, Drive shaft and exhaust then either lift car on lift or lower the drivetrain and roll it out of the way.