Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In the process of porting intake. Please read and respond.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the process of porting intake. Please read and respond.

I am in the process of porting my truck intake. I have opened the intake tunnel (after the TB) a good amount. I have also used epoxy to cover the EGR hole and also removed the EGR block-off plate that sticks into the intake about a 1/2 inch.
I will start to modify the runners. I have done several searchs and found that you don't want to open them up all you can at the head. You want to keep some of the funnel effect of the stock runner, getting the air to speed up as it enters the head. Keeping the velocity up. Opening up the intake will decrease velocity but, with the bigger motor I am sure it will help.
I am not using any power tools. I am using sandpaper and it seems to be working fine and keeping the surface smooth. However, it is slow as hell.
Any suggestions or hints? Does any off this sound right or am I tearing up my intake?
Thanks alot.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody. TTT
Old 12-05-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure that many of us have do anything simular to this. Have you thought about converting to a car intake?