Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the extra money worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is the extra money worth it?

Is a GMMG exhaust worth the extra money over the Magnaflow exhaust? Both are stainless steel and sound good to me.Should I use the extra $200 I saved buying the Magnaflow and buy another mod?
Old 12-23-2004, 06:43 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That one is a personal preference that I would not leave up to an internet forum. For me, it is worth it to spend a lot of money getting a custom, over the axle true dual setup for my ride. It may not be to others...

Long story short, do whatever you feel like doing. As long as you are happy with your car, that is all that matters. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Just for the record, what else do you have done to your car, and what are your goals?
Old 12-23-2004, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
That one is a personal preference that I would not leave up to an internet forum. For me, it is worth it to spend a lot of money getting a custom, over the axle true dual setup for my ride. It may not be to others...

Long story short, do whatever you feel like doing. As long as you are happy with your car, that is all that matters. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Just for the record, what else do you have done to your car, and what are your goals?
2002 6-speed, SLP Lid,CAGS,Mobil 1, Royal Purple,Aluminum Drive shaft.Future mods sub-frame connectors,LCA,headers(Mid-length or Lts haven't decided yet)with catted y.I would like to get into the high 12's someday.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

unless you go head/cam ory id say go gmmg otherwise it will be pull me over loud.
headers w/cats or ORY stock cam wont be bad
i had a gmmg setup before cam went in ,cops loved to pull me over, now i run a dual/dual
Old 12-23-2004, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badpewter-z
unless you go head/cam ory id say go gmmg otherwise it will be pull me over loud.
headers w/cats or ORY stock cam wont be bad
i had a gmmg setup before cam went in ,cops loved to pull me over, now i run a dual/dual
I have to watch out how loud my exhaust is because I leave for work at 4:30 AM.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:12 PM

IMHO... no. I would take a Magnaflow anyday over the GMMG.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shutout
I have to watch out how loud my exhaust is because I leave for work at 4:30 AM.
That one is gonna be a fine line...a GMMG isn't quiet no matter how you cut it. Headers also have a tendency to make things VERY loud. I have Kooks LTs with their catted-y on mine, and with a Hooker (one of the quieter aftermarket catbacks), it can still be VERY loud.

If you want it stock quiet, leave it stock. Otherwise, you stand the risk of pissing off the neighbors. They're really gonna hate me when they hear my new true dual setup.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Shutout
Is a GMMG exhaust worth the extra money over the Magnaflow exhaust? Both are stainless steel and sound good to me.Should I use the extra $200 I saved buying the Magnaflow and buy another mod?
GMMG sound great, but it will never be worth $700+. Do what I did, Call Jegs and tell them you want a Magnaflow muffler, just muffler not cat-back, and it will be at your door for around $90. Mine sounds awesome, and knowing I save $600 for future MODs, at sounds super awesome!!!