Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N cai... slp lid doesn't fit with tnt kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N cai... slp lid doesn't fit with tnt kit

well i been running the tnt nitrous wet kit, and the power ring tends to kinda jam things up! had to cut and modify the airlid just to get it to fit back together and now my stock bellow thing is all scrunched up... all of this has got to be screwing up the airflow... im also worried cuase the lid wont slide in place on the left side right, kinda sticks out funny, my air filter is a lil screwed up too lol.. the whole system is ghetto rigged

so my question is for ppl having the k&n... my buddy has one and the tnt kit so i know it will work and not cram everything together, but is it as good or better then the lid setup and is it worth me paying 300$ just to fix my intake setup? or is the fact that everything is crammed, cuton, and kinda twisted up hurting anything? i mean ive ran it this way for 1 year almost but im starting to feel as though it is holding me back.. also i think its sucking air where the bellow meets the maf, meaning unmetered air or what not is getting in.. could cuase it to go lean i guess right?
Old 12-28-2004, 02:29 PM
10 Second Club

I noticed some people have more room than other's with the power ring on. I had to slightly trim the bellow, shave the power ring down, and trim the lid to make mine fit. The MTI lid seem to work the best as I had to get rid of my SLP lid for this reason, but that was befor I shaved the ring. I would not get the K&N to fix it, you will have to hack that up as well. Just spend a little time on the trimming and it will fit right. Shaving the power ring was the trick for me. Shaved the end down to the same size as the clamp, a 1/2" I believe...

Dan
Old 12-28-2004, 02:38 PM
11 Second Club

man that sux... almost wish id never got the kit now that im thinking about it and trying to go faster on motor i dont need stuff bunched up... they really should warn u about this in the first place... btw my buddy's isn't hacked up much at all.. if anything he shaved about 1/2 inch off the k&n pipe.. looks like a great fit u'd never be able to tell.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:53 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah, but $300 buck's! It really was easy to do, but your right, you we should of been warned. I think someone also makes a custom ring out there. What I don't get is why some have no issues at all, and then people like us do. Is there that much tollerance difference between cars?

Dan
Old 12-28-2004, 04:47 PM
11 Second Club

well im about to drive the car off a bridge.. i swear im starting to think camaros are faster, but at what price! if every 03 cobra id seen didn't run a shitty 1/8th mile time around here for whatever it had done due to wieght and other factors, i sweard id have one instead!