Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on a SLP ported throttle body? Info please

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 11:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question on a SLP ported throttle body? Info please

I tried the search first and found a few listing on SLP ported throttle bodys and still have a few questions.
I know it is cnc machined. But does it have the shaft work? Also what other mods does it have or not have?
One point I did buy about 1-2 years ago a ported throttle body from a so called person lets say. No names. It had the epoxy on it and after about 8 months it did come apart. So I will never ever have that done again. So I did purchase the SLP ported throttle body and it came in today. It looks nice but if it does not have all the little mods done to it I may send it back and but and buy another one that does but without the epoxy.
Info all please. Thanks
Old 12-31-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll either see the front half of the shaft or not. If it's there, they didn't half-shaft it. If it isn't, they did. Just look at it...There aren't any 'little mods'. It's just a port job, the front half of the shaft is removed, and maybe even cutting on the body so the unit opens completely ('bump-stop' mod). If it opens 100%, then that was done as well. They're all visible mods. Even the cheapest epoxy (JB Weld) will hold strong if the surface is prepped (beed blasted, acid dipped, scuffed, ect.) before applying it. That's not a common problem. Just be sure to buy from a reputable seller/company. All should prep their units properly before modifications.