Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&B Triflow Question (yes i searched)

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&B Triflow Question (yes i searched)

Just wondering how well the B&B is supposed to flow.

I've heard that it's very restrictive, and I've also heard that it flows very well, right up there with the rest of em.

It was on my car when I bought it, and I love the sound. It's quiet, but sounds great.. and there's nothing wrong with being a little quiet/stealthy

So what's the real deal.... does it flow well or not?
Old 01-02-2005, 07:36 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

of all the B&B dyno's vs cutout posts i've seen it leads me to believe its more restrictive then others.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same 'boat' (no pun intended) as you. I had the b&b on my car and really liked it, but I also heard it does not flow well. A few people on this board dyno'd 10-14rwhp lower with the b&b vs a cutout or a different catback, and I know of 1person who actually ran slower with it in the 1/4. However, I've also got an old gm high tech mag that tested the b&b on a stock ws6, and although it didn't gain anything over the already good flowing slp exhaust, it only lost about 1rwhp vs a cutout.

I now have the Hooker catback. So far I really like it but haven't had a chance to dyno it. My gut feeling is that with the exception of the muffler-less catbacks (loudmouth, etc), all the catbacks will pretty much have the same results. But, there was just too much controversy over wether the b&b flowed well or not, so I switched to the Hooker, which I know is a well proven system.

Gary
Old 01-02-2005, 08:11 PM
11 Second Club

On my car the cutout was consistantly worth 15rwhp over the B&B. It sounds really nice, but it doesn't flow for ****.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:26 AM
TECH Resident

It doesnt flow for ****. Back to back dyno's show it. It does have a unique-stealthy sound though. If you really like it keep it and get a cut out for when you need to be rowdy/have extra flow.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 16nrollininaws6
It doesnt flow for ****. Back to back dyno's show it. It does have a unique-stealthy sound though. If you really like it keep it and get a cut out for when you need to be rowdy/have extra flow.
Yup, that's what i would suggest....BB does have some nice tips too so that alone may be worth keeping it. And that GMHTP article was on a stock 01 ws6 and he gained like 1 HP at the wheels over the factory ws6 exhaust....never tested through a cutout.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:30 AM
11 Second Club

i personally think it sounds aight on a stock car, much better ones out tehre.. im currently trying to undo a 700$ mistake.. take the cats off and she shows her raspy side a lot more then any other catback ive heard!

and yes it is restrictive.. i would say 10 hp with a cutout on stock motor, or 15 on a cam motor....... the tips are nice, if anything just find a way to change the muffler! then get back at me so i can do the same!