Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference between Camaro and Vette O2 sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Camaro and Vette O2 sensors?

Are there any differences between Camaro and Corvette O2 sensors?

Reason I ask: I just had a set of SLP LT’s installed on my Z28, and I keep throwing codes. I used my Predator to find out what the codes were, and they are coming from the O2 sensors: mainly low voltage and heater malfunctions.

A few people have told me that Corvette O2 sensors will help clear things up. My guess is because the Vette sensors sit further away from the engine (so they have longer wiring) than the Camaro sensors do, and they heat up faster than Camaro O2’s because of the fact they sit further away.

Bosch tech support told me the only difference between the Vette and Camaro O2 sensors is the shape of the adapter that connects the O2 to the wiring harness.

I’m just curious…
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its Bosche part #13111 for the Vette rear o2's.They are the same with a higher watt heater and longer wires.If you do a search for O2's or oxygen sensors a ton of info comes up.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got bosch 13111's after getting insufficient switching codes on my passenger side. I swapped both sensors to the rear vete ones, then promptly began to get insufficient switching codes on the drivers side. I returned the bad o2 to autozone last week for a new one, and so far, so good. While I keep hearing about the higher wattage heater, ive never seen any data to back up this claim. I think it may be more of a luck of the draw.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
Its Bosche part #13111 for the Vette rear o2's.They are the same with a higher watt heater and longer wires.If you do a search for O2's or oxygen sensors a ton of info comes up.
Cool... maybe I'll try this out. Can't harm anything.

So the Vette sensors really do have longer wiring, and better heater elements? If so... it seems that would solve all my SES light problems.

I did a search on oxygen sensors, and found some useful info... but I just want to re-confirm something for my own piece of mind, before I go out and spend some $$$ on new sensors:

The rear Vette sensors... part #13111 will work fine for the front and rear? And the reason the front Corvette sensors won't work is because of the shape of the adapter, and because the wiring for them is shorter?

So... should I buy 4 rear Vette O2 sensors, part #13111... and put them in the front and rear... or should I get O2 simms for the rear, and use the #13111 sensors in the front?

I have cats on the car, BTW.

Also, these are the codes I keep throwing:

P0135 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P0137 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

P0161 O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2)

P1153 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) insufficient switching bank 2 sensor 1 (Front Bank)

Last edited by Grave; 01-05-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you plan on getting rid of the cats id do sims,they're probably cheaper than 2 new O2's.
The Vettes will be fine for the front.I'll see if i can find it again,but the Vettes have like a 65 watt heating element and i believe the F-body's are around 30 something.The wires are also longer,so if you ever run headers you wont neeed extensions.

I did alot of research on this as well.I was getting the insuff. switching and heater codes as well.Some people have not got any more codes some have.I guess its a hit or miss.I've had them on my car for about 3 weeks and no more codes so far.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:10 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteRhino
If you plan on getting rid of the cats id do sims,they're probably cheaper than 2 new O2's.
The Vettes will be fine for the front.I'll see if i can find it again,but the Vettes have like a 65 watt heating element and i believe the F-body's are around 30 something.The wires are also longer,so if you ever run headers you wont neeed extensions.

I did alot of research on this as well.I was getting the insuff. switching and heater codes as well.Some people have not got any more codes some have.I guess its a hit or miss.I've had them on my car for about 3 weeks and no more codes so far.
Well, I bought the Bosch #13111 sensors today. I see what you mean... the connectors are the exact same, and the wiring is about a foot longer.

I also bought O2 simms for the rear. I know... I have cats, so why get the simms? Well, for one... they were cheaper then buying another set of O2 sensors. Two... I didn't want to run the chance of the new O2's not working out as planned, and still throwing codes. At least with the simms I shouldn't have any more problems with the rear sensors throwing codes. And three... if I really needed to throw sensors in the back for what ever emissions reason I may encounter in the future, I can always re-install the sensors and remove the simms.

So when I get my simms in, I'm going to install everything, cross my fingers, throw salt over my shoulder, knock on wood, rub a rabbits foot, and what ever else I need to do to, and hope these new Vette sensors work!

Quick Reply: Difference between Camaro and Vette O2 sensors?