Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's...HP/TQ Difference

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's...HP/TQ Difference

I'm looking at buying some new headers in the next week and have narrowed it down to Pacesetter's, Hooker's, or Jet Hot's. My first instinct is to go with with Pacesetter's for pricing reasons and have been told that they are a great header...for the price. My question is, what HP/TQ difference is there between these headers? Does one give a flatter TQ line? With Dynatech, Kooks, and QTP's being so high, what advantages do they have over Pacesetter's in the HP/TQ area? I've read there is little difference on all the LT's but what exactly is "little?" I know you get what you pay for but if Pacesetter's are $400 and Dynatech Supermaxx's are $1300...is there a justifiable reason to get the Dynatech's over the Pacesetter's? Just a little confused, may be thinking about it TOO much.

One other thing...I found a set of Pacesetter LT's for 261.95 shipped. Does this sound like a good deal. They are new and uncoated.

Thanks a-lot guys

"If you don't know...ask...that's what my ol'man says."
Old 01-05-2005, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by byrontaylor
I'm looking at buying some new headers in the next week and have narrowed it down to Pacesetter's, Hooker's, or Jet Hot's. My first instinct is to go with with Pacesetter's for pricing reasons and have been told that they are a great header...for the price. My question is, what HP/TQ difference is there between these headers? Does one give a flatter TQ line? With Dynatech, Kooks, and QTP's being so high, what advantages do they have over Pacesetter's in the HP/TQ area? I've read there is little difference on all the LT's but what exactly is "little?" I know you get what you pay for but if Pacesetter's are $400 and Dynatech Supermaxx's are $1300...is there a justifiable reason to get the Dynatech's over the Pacesetter's? Just a little confused, may be thinking about it TOO much.

One other thing...I found a set of Pacesetter LT's for 261.95 shipped. Does this sound like a good deal. They are new and uncoated.

Thanks a-lot guys

"If you don't know...ask...that's what my ol'man says."
The 260 sounds like a good deal. That's about what Igot my pacesetters for and they are doing fine for me. If you want you can also get them coated.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, they are waiting to be shipped but I want to make SURE they are what I am needing...
Old 01-05-2005, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

more expensive is jsut paying for fit, finish, and sometimes flow due to design. Kooks QTP and PPC are all more expensive than others because thay are all stainless and have awesome fitment and flow is top notch. FLP is a Kit headers catted Y and ORY but they are coated and steel and flow is excellent. now wehn price drops...they dont remain stainless at all other mettallic objects and sources and those like Jet-Hot Hooker and Paceseetter are better off coated...hooker and jet-hot been around for a while...so they may have better finish then Pacesetter but pacesetter may have the ftment nad same flow....

headers are headers quality is as much as you pay for
Old 01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm happy with the Pacesetters; I just installed them last week. Gained almost 30hp and 25tq with tuning and TSP catted Y. Torque curve is very, very flat.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks...that answers it...I'm going to go on and get the Pacesetter's.