Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about electric water pumps

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question question about electric water pumps

hey everyone i am going to start a build on a 01 trans am open road race car. i know many of of you drag race(in fact probably most of you) so i'll tell those of you who dont know, what open road racing is: the organizers get the state to close down a strech of highway(anywhere from 60 to 120 miles of it) for a day or two and a time trials type race is held to see who can average the highest top speed. i know that electric pumps are great for draging but can they be used for high stress, high RPM racing for up to 30 min or more at a time?? flow numbers vs. high flow conventional pumps?? any other help??? oh and dose anyone in this forum have a rear end cooler setup?? i know this is the wrong forum for thr rear end question so ill post it where it needs to go! lol!
Old 01-11-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xbadfishx17x
hey everyone i am going to start a build on a 01 trans am open road race car. i know many of of you drag race(in fact probably most of you) so i'll tell those of you who dont know, what open road racing is: the organizers get the state to close down a strech of highway(anywhere from 60 to 120 miles of it) for a day or two and a time trials type race is held to see who can average the highest top speed. i know that electric pumps are great for draging but can they be used for high stress, high RPM racing for up to 30 min or more at a time?? flow numbers vs. high flow conventional pumps?? any other help??? oh and dose anyone in this forum have a rear end cooler setup?? i know this is the wrong forum for thr rear end question so ill post it where it needs to go! lol!

The elec water pumps for the LS1 can handle high stress, but to be honest people really aren't seeing great gains out of them. In fact, i think the average gain is about 2rwhp/2tq. Just have to ask yourself if the price is worth that.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

I always find it comical that when magazines do reviews of products, in this case the Meziere EWP, that they always seem to get the same HP/TQ increases the manufacturers claim. However, when you ask real-life users like on this board, they usually don't come close. From what I've heard the Meziere add 0-2 RWHP if you're lucky.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 01-12-2005, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

the car will already have alot of electronics on it as well as an overdriven or a larger alternator for my rear end pump and cooler as well as as the fan for that setup. so i really just needed to know if an electric water pump can handle 6500rpm at 190+mph over 120 miles at about 110 degrees. also do they out flow the stocker??