Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what headers/catted y to go with?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what headers/catted y to go with?

first option would be jet hot lts and jet hot catted y.
second option would be jet hots with qtp y pipe.
the third and most unlikely option would be a full qtp header and y pipe combo, i really like the setup but its not really cost effective as i am a full time college student.

any good or bad feedback on the jet hot y?

how much do u think random tech would charge for a custom catted y?
Old 01-19-2005, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

I am running the Jet Hot Longtubes with a QTP Catted Y. The longtubes have held up great and the QTP Y IMO is the best on the market. 3" piping with 3" Magnaflow Cats into a 4"-3" Flowmaster merge collector. However the Y is expensive and you might be able to have a good muffler shop do a custom Y with the same parts for cheaper. Maybe. Steer clear of the JH Catted Y, the cats they use are a known power robber compared to others. I understand about the college budget thing. I'm in the same position.
Old 01-19-2005, 12:39 PM
11 Second Club

Its not a bad idea.. but let me tell you my story just so you know..

I had Jethots... their fitment is ok.. i did have to grind part of the Kmember and bend a support under the floor... they were great... but they started to develop surface rust in a few months and the coating started to peel off...
i took them out and sold them..

i now have a set of QTPs and they rock. stainless wont rust and their Y has a true merge collector thats good for some extra power...

good luck with your selection.. headers are a great mod.. i remember the first day i got headers... i couldnt stop revving the car and smiling
Old 01-19-2005, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save for the QTP's, you won't regret it. And yes the QTP Y-pipe is a much better design that the jet-hot y.
Old 01-20-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
the third and most unlikely option would be a full qtp header and y pipe combo, i really like the setup
Me too, that's why I got it. It's worth the wait if you need more time to save for the QTP headers with QTP Y pipe, trust us on this.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QTP LT's are worth every penny. Just save for awhile longer and get the best header. The headers fit better and the Y-Pipe tucks nicely. Why spend money on junk coatings when you can put the money for a far superior header.