Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP Y Pipe Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 04:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP Y Pipe Question

I was wandering if the y pipe from QTP that has cut outs comes with electric cut outs or regular cut outs. I was also wandering if it would bolt up to any other header systems then QTP if it would which ones? If i buy the whole set up what do i have to buy on the side like Gaskets, sims, extensions, all of it i really need to know and thanks for helping me out.
Old 01-25-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

You can get it with either manual or electric cutouts. Specify with your order what kind of headers it is going on, it will fit qtps, hooker, jet-hot, and pacesetter headers. I got one with manual cut-outs and it included all clamps, two blockoff plates, and two gaskets. Sims and extensions would not be included with a y-pipe, only sometimes with header packages.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Thank you very much i heard some bad things about electric after a while they start leaking and i really wanted manual thank alot
Old 01-26-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

I had to call them to order it, at the time you couldn't buy itonline. I don't think you can now either, but you might check. Be warned that it is not the easiest y-pipe to assemble, and you will need to have either access to a lift or a muffler shop do it to get it to go up and not have it bang. Which headers are you going to put this on?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 00PewterLS1
Thank you very much i heard some bad things about electric after a while they start leaking and i really wanted manual thank alot
The electric cut outs are pretty good now, no leaks on my QTP QTEC and they really are VERY convenient. I would definitely consider getting one.
Can't go wrong with the QTP Y pipes either.
Old 01-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Teching In

i am putting them on the qtp 1 3/4 headers. I just bought as a set last night