Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90mm Tb Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast 90mm Tb Problems

Can somebody tell me in detail how to fix the 90mm fast tbs from getting hung in wot checked the bearing behind the tps it was fine. Real piece of work for $500
Old 02-05-2005, 12:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On the back of the braket that holds the throttle cable, there is a set screw. If you did not remove the bracket and drill you a recess in the shaft, the bracket will slip. You can start buy setting the TB to where it is supposed to be. Remove the set screw from the back of the cable bracket, insert something to mark the location of where the recess needs to be drilled, remove the bracket, drill a small indention, replace bracket, makesure set screw recesses in you new indention. It's a common problem with most of the 90mm TB's out right now and a easy fix. It's one of those things that should have been done before you put it on the car though.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks man i know what your talkin about. All i need to do is recess the set screw into the throttle shaft so it wont turn right. Thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crazy Man
Thanks man i know what your talkin about. All i need to do is recess the set screw into the throttle shaft so it wont turn right. Thanks
Hi
I would also use Loctite on the set screw, you don't want it backing out.
Bill