Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and accessories

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers and accessories

Im a newb and wanna order a set of coated pacesetters and the tsp ory today. I have a '00 SS, and am not sure of everything i will need to order to complete the install. I will be ordering these from texas speed and need all these parts so that i can order them. Ive heard that gm gaskets work best, need p/n and where to buy, which o2 sims will i need for a '00 SS?? Will the 4-wire square ones work?? Need advice quickly
Old 02-08-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hrsepwraddict00
Im a newb and wanna order a set of coated pacesetters and the tsp ory today. I have a '00 SS, and am not sure of everything i will need to order to complete the install. I will be ordering these from texas speed and need all these parts so that i can order them. Ive heard that gm gaskets work best, need p/n and where to buy, which o2 sims will i need for a '00 SS?? Will the 4-wire square ones work?? Need advice quickly
I would phone the order in rather than do it over the internet and they will set you up with everything you need. I reused the original GM gaskets for my install so I am not sure of a part number, but you can do a search and I know someone will have it listed. I didn't put any sims on mine, but plan on doing so soon but I am pretty sure the square ones you are talking about are the ones you need. You will also need to get some O2 exstentions. But like I said call Texas Speed and they should hook you up with what you need and good luck with the install if you are doing it yourself. Its not to bad just takes a little time like all other mods.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:21 PM
12 Second Club

I just ordered the same setup for my 01. I got the headers from Speed Inc, they matched TSP's price, along with (2) 12" o2 extenders, I believe you'll need the square style connector as I did. I posted on here about which length to get and I believe most people got the 24" but said they had quite a bit of slack left.
I also got the GM steel gaskets p/n:12558573

You'll need a pair of o2 sims or reprogrammed pcm, LS1 Edit, HP Tuners, etc. for the rear o2's with that Y pipe.
You'll also need a pair of band clamps for the headers.
Here is what the headers & TSP ORY look like:
http://nick.vettextc.net/Headers/