Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missfire Problems??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 08:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missfire Problems??? HELP

ok well like i said i think this may be a missfire problem but the SES light isnt flashing at me like normal missfire, ok this is whats going on, ok it was running fine all day then i was on my way to go cruise and got on it and it pulled like usual then it cut out (felt like it died) so i backed off the thottle and it was running fine, well then a few hours later i was driving around and rolled up to a stop light and it was cam surging worse that usual and trying to idle at like 500 or less rpm's, but under normal driving it seemed to be fine untill i would slow down, so out of curiosity i tried getting on it again and it pulled to 4K rpm the it cut out again so i backed off just a little not full throttle and it still pulled and no problems, but it still wont hardly idle so i went and go some spark plugs and started pulling them out and the end of every plug is oily and the pcv valve can thing is clogged up with some nast junk oil, think new plugs and pcv valve will fix this????? or is it somthing major???
Old 02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check all of your filters as well.

The electrical stuff should fix it, but make sure to check your oil and fuel filter.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

ok so i changed the plugs replaced the pcv filter, and its still dieing and idleing funny sometimes, so this is what happened today after i changed everything, it fired up and idled fine so i took it around the block ran fine drove to the store then it started trying to die when i would let off the throttle, so i came home pulled out a couple plugs just to check them, they were fine, so i would start the car then it would idle fine rev it up and it would try to die so i was thinking the engine ground, check that, it wasnt it. if i rev the car at idle it will go up to about 5k rpm and the ses light comes on for a second then the gauges like freeze up like the car died then it goes back to normal, what is going on here
Old 02-12-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a tuning problem.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

well i swapped pcm's from my 99 into it and same stuff happens, what about those ground wires on the back of the head???