Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What muffler?

I have an 01 SS with the factory SLP center mount exhaust, The car is pushing a little over 500RWHP.

When on the dyno the car is plugging up the air fuel meter from the packing material out of the factory muffler. I want to get another muffler for the car and was thinking of the Hooker earo chamber. Does anyone have the part# for the earo chamber muffler that would fit my car? Also does anyone have any other suggestions on a muffler that I might consider? The car will get dyno tuned in a couple of months and I dont want to have problems with the air fuel gauge. Thanks guys!

Other mods in signature....
Old 02-13-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Any good exhaust shop can hook-up any catback to your CME, so you could consider an entirely new Hooker catback itself. A muffler will do though. I like the Hooker, it sounds pretty good, a tad on the tame side, but it sounds good. Maybe check out the Magnaflow too.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same problem with the factory SLP Dual Dual muffler on my car. The factory muffler blew it's guts up after I installed my TR224 cam. I bought two new ones off Ebay dirt cheap and one coughed up all the ceramic packing after 2 months. I sold the other soon after that. It seems that after you add alot of power the internals cannot stand it and it takes a crap. I had a Corsa muffler welded into my CME by my local muffler shop.