Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers and hooker exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers and hooker exhaust

A few years ago I ran Hookers LT's w/ ORY w/ Flowmaster exhaust but I got rid of them because of too many complaints about my car being loud.

I now have Hooker Dual Exhaust w/ Aerochamber muffler its a quiet exhaust I want to run LT's w/ a ORY again, but will I have the same noise issue?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Teching In

any1?
Old 02-16-2005, 08:27 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To me, that setup is pretty tame until you go WOT...then it gets pretty loud. But that is me...I personally think my true duals with no cats running through bullets is not all that loud. The true duals replaced the Hooker which was just too quiet for me.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the Hooker will be perfect with LT's. It's a bit quiet with the manifolds, but the headers should wake it up a bit. I'm sure it will be loud at WOT, but cruising or idle you'll probably just hear more lope and a little bit louder than now.

Exhaust systems are very subjective though, so search for some soundclips - I'm sure someone out there's got one of a Hooker catback with LT's.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Well, I went from LM to true duals because of the rasp. Then I went from true duals to the hooker catback because of the clearance issues. Now I'm back to the true duals because I wasn't satisfied with the sound of the Hooker catback. Many people on here will tell you the hooker will sound great with LT and ORY, that's why I bought it. But exhaust sound is subjective. There is still some rasp, and the y-pipe bangs like crazy. That's not the hookers fault, but when the loudmouth was in, it didn't bang at all. I'm guessing because of the increased backpressure with the hookers over the lm. Anyways, my suggestion is to have a 2.5" true dual setup fabbed. You'll the perfect cleareance if done right. Mine is a 3" TSP system, so it's not quite as good as a custom setup goes because the pipes will be bent specifically for your car.