Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stainless bolt kits junk or not?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless bolt kits junk or not?

Hey guys! I am building a LS1 for in my 90 Iroc and need all the bolts seeing that I started with a block. Would you recommend the stainless kits they sell on the net? I am using ARP studs and bolts for all the engine parts but I still need a bunch for the intake, timing chain cover ect.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a stainless bolt kit from Totally Stainless...they are very sharp looking, but other than the cosmetic benefit, you don't need them. This kit includes oil pan, timing cover, intake, valve covers, coils and harness, throttlebody, water crossover pipe, and some sensors. They also offer a bellhousing kit and header bolts. If you're after a nice, clean look, then I recommend it.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LawmanSS,
Thanks for the info. I guess the real reason I need these is that I have no bolts on hand so the better looks will just be the icing on the cake. I just wanted to make sure that they are the correct pitch threads and not just close.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are the proper metric sizing...