Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP's are in

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTP's are in

it wasn't easy but i did it. the y still needs to go on but i have to have about 4" cut off the i pipe for it to fit right. some problems i ran into were on the driver's side. i had to take off the oil filter and plug to give me enough room to slip the header in. i also had the oil diverter off but i don't think it would've made a difference. the back bolts were also a pita to work on. the ratchet/socket weren't cutting it. i went and invested in a ratched wrench was able to get them done in no time. especially the passenger side. i'm achy and tired but i think it was worth it.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome, im waiting for my QTP headers this week, any suggestions before i start work on putting them in?
Old 02-27-2005, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by elite22xl
awesome, im waiting for my QTP headers this week, any suggestions before i start work on putting them in?

get the car as high as possible. that comes into play when you're ready to put the QTPs in. also invest in a 10mm ratchet wrench. it will really help with the rear bolts, especially on the pass side. remove your oil filter and plug for more clearence. you might want to take off the coil packs for easier access to the heads.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

already have all that stuff ready or done, thanks guys