Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dynatech headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynatech headers?

Was thinking about buying the dynatech stainless steel header kit. Just curious if anybody has any thing to say about them good or bad? Clearance issues anything will be helpfull. The setup looks almost like the flp's that i was going to get but flp was having alot of quality issues and stoped making headers! Any feedback would be greatly appriciated!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS199T/A
Was thinking about buying the dynatech stainless steel header kit. Just curious if anybody has any thing to say about them good or bad? Clearance issues anything will be helpfull. The setup looks almost like the flp's that i was going to get but flp was having alot of quality issues and stoped making headers! Any feedback would be greatly appriciated!!!
I have a set on my SBC and think they are very well made and fit better then expected. Cant offer much more then that.
Whats the part number for the kit you are looking at?
Old 02-27-2005, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just bought a set, however, they are not installed yet. The qaulity looks great. All of the pieces fit together nicely. I know that my Pacestters starting rusting at 6 months and now have began falling apart. I should have just dropped the money for the qaulity headers in the beginning. The cats and y-pipe are 2.5" in diamater also. I see that some of the others are 3". One if the reasons I went with these is that the y-pipe and cats are also stainless steel. All of the welds appear to be of top qaulity and cleaned up in the port area. Until I get them installed that is all the info I have on them.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by camrsz
I have a set on my SBC and think they are very well made and fit better then expected. Cant offer much more then that.
Whats the part number for the kit you are looking at?
the part no. is 115-732300S from jegs
Old 02-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Technoman64
I just bought a set, however, they are not installed yet. The qaulity looks great. All of the pieces fit together nicely. I know that my Pacestters starting rusting at 6 months and now have began falling apart. I should have just dropped the money for the qaulity headers in the beginning. The cats and y-pipe are 2.5" in diamater also. I see that some of the others are 3". One if the reasons I went with these is that the y-pipe and cats are also stainless steel. All of the welds appear to be of top qaulity and cleaned up in the port area. Until I get them installed that is all the info I have on them.
Thanks alot, when you get them installed please let me know what you think of them!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Launching!

WELD the collector on and grind off the "U" tabs. I put them on w/o welding and just bolted them on and had MASSIVE exhaust leaks. My $.02