Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MTI lid

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MTI lid

Out of the TSP lid and the MTI lid, which fits the best and has a better design? I have heard good things about the TSP lid, but it they haven't been listed on their site for quite a while now so I have thought about going with the clear MTI lid. Does anyone remember the magazine that tested all the lids and which one produced the most HP? I know they are all VERY similiar, I just want to get the best out of all of them. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sanders
Out of the TSP lid and the MTI lid, which fits the best and has a better design? I have heard good things about the TSP lid, but it they haven't been listed on their site for quite a while now so I have thought about going with the clear MTI lid. Does anyone remember the magazine that tested all the lids and which one produced the most HP? I know they are all VERY similiar, I just want to get the best out of all of them. Thanks.
GM high performance I believe did the test, and SLP did the best out of the rest. I kno many may bash me for this, but i say get the SLP FlowPac-It is worth it, its not overpriced really, your getting a LID, CAI, Filter, and Smooth Bellow w/ hardware for what $200-300 rather than just buying a lid for 50-200(?) CAI for $100(?) filter for $50 and $5-10 Bellow

its really not a bad deal at all
Old 03-07-2005, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

I have the stock Blackwing lid that came on my SS, a TSP or MTI will gain a little over it right? Plus I like the smoked/clear look. If Im not going to see any gain I will probably just keep the stocker on there though.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put the SLP on my car last weekend along with the Fernco Smooth Bellows. I don't know about gains, but the car is definitely more responsive now and there is a really cool growl at WOT. It fit great and installation was a breeze after boiling the Fernco fitting. Certainly worth the $97.00 it cost. Track results if any will come as soon as I can take the car back to the track.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:35 PM
12 Second Club

a lid is a lid is a lid.
Old 03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GT Griller
a lid is a lid is a lid.