Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hooker y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hooker y-pipe

Can someone tell me if a new hooker y-pipe is suppose to have a couple flat spots on the top of the drivers side as it passes under the torque arm area? On the drivers side the first section of pipe is about 1 foot long, it has a flat spot on the top to clear the underside of the car. These other two spots further back almost look like the one on the first section. The pipe has only had about 30 minutes of dyno time on it. It doesn't look like it has hit anything under the car, infact the closest thing is probably the torque arm overhead and thats probably a good 5 inches away. I'm trying to decide if it came new like that, and if so why are they there? I don't remember them being there but I wasn't the one who put the pipe on. I had a friend putting the exhaust on while I was under the hood hooking up all the wires and filling it with fluids. Like I said, it doesn't appear like there is anything that would come close to hitting it. If it came like this and there not suppose to be there I'll going to call the place I bought it from and see if I can get a new one.
Old 03-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Launching!

Yes they are made like that 2 spots to clear the frame !
Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Launching!

They still hit the bottom on hard excel thou. Had to shim my trans cross member down and solved the problem. So Im glad it had the flat spots or it wouldv'e hit sitting still!
Old 03-07-2005, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Ok, thanks alot. I usually look thinks over close when I receive them but I definately overlooked this.