Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Intake?

I just pulled my motor, i'm putting a hot cam in, new valve springs, heads are getting milled, hooker headers and y-pipe, which intake should I be getting? Not sure if I want to spend 800 on the LSX, is the weiand any good? i'm keeping my EGR, so the ls6 is out i believe. I'm so confused, and i'm really broke... whatever, tell me what you think, and please don't tell me that i have money and can buy whatever I want, cause I can't, i'm broke as a joke.

P.s. I know this is the wrong forum, but whatever, i'm doing a clutch too, do I go w/ Zo6 or the new one from Centerforce, both $360 so let me know what you think.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

SLP sells an LS6 intake with provisions for the EGR in case you didn't know.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've never heard of the weind, but with just a hotcam and what I assume will be minor head work, I don't see the 90mm LSX being worth the 800 dollars + price of a new TB. I would just get the SLP LS6 intake manifold which as pointed out before has EGR provisions.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Launching!

might want to think about your plans in the long run. are you eventually going to go bigger cubes? im getting heads\bigger cam put on soon, so i had to make the choice of either sticking with ls6\ported tb, or going with 90mm setup. i plan on having bigger cubes down the road, so spent the money on the 90mm setup now and i dont have to worry about it later. just something to think about
Old 03-10-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The weiand is aluminum, it will absorb heat. The plastic intakes do a better job of insulating the incomming air/charge.