Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheres my Cruise Control?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wheres my Cruise Control?!

this is really weird.
my car HAS cruise control, but yet the module isnt where its supposed to be

its supposd to be right byut the battery. mine isnt.

last summer after i did my cam install.. my cruise control stopped working. i need some help.

my car is a 6peed with NO tcs.

i attahced a pic.
Attached Thumbnails Wheres my Cruise Control?!-dsc00296.jpg  

Last edited by amit; 03-15-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Look under your clutch pedal. There should be a switch there that activates and deactivates it. There should also be a switch behind your brake pedal that controls its funtion as well. My friends stopped working and all he had to to was turn the switch adjustment a little and it started working again. Hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

oh ok, i will try that.

what about fuses?
Old 03-15-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Follow the cables that come off your TB and go along the back firewall. One goes to the accelerator in the car. The other goes to the cruise control vacuum unit. Also, the cruise control module (brain) on my car is at the front opposite headlight from the battery. However, mine is a 98. I believe they moved the brain back near the PCM on all 99+ models. Good luck.

Correction - the brain is down next to the sway bar mount according to the picture in my Haynes manual. You may have to remove a splash shield to see it.

Last edited by BigE; 03-16-2005 at 09:05 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 03-15-2005, 05:35 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

only the traction controll equipped cars have that box by the battery, you will also notice it only has one cable going to the throttle body. their box controlls the TCS and the cruise controll w/ one module.

as stated above, there is a switch to disable cruise controll on the brake and the clutch pedal. my clutch pedal switch wasnt depressing all the way when the clutch pedal wasnt pressed down and it wasnt allowing the cruise to work (thought i was pressing the clutch).

when you get under the dash (my most hated place to work), you will notice 2 switches on the clutch pedal, one black one by the firewall to signal to the computer that the clutch is completly depressed (for starting) and an offwhite colored one to signal to turn off the cruise (which is closer to the steering wheel). if you grab the white one and tug on it toward the clutch pedal, it will come out some more and allow the pedal to depress it when it's at rest.

if your car will start with the clutch pedal not pressed in, there is somthing wrong with your black switch, and undoubtedly has an affect of the cruise controll as well (probably a double redundant system), confused yet? i'm almost there
Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

haha thanks