Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mufflex kits

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mufflex kits

I have a 98 Camaro SS with thunder racing throttle body, Msd wires, underdrive pulley and a thunder racing .563 lift cam.I plan on doing headers, y pipe,and lid after I get exhaust. I like the 4 inch mufflex with flowmaster muffler but i was wonder how they fit? If they have clearence over the axle? Would i loose power with the 4 inch? any information would be appreciated
Old 03-15-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BadV8S10
I like the 4 inch mufflex with flowmaster muffler but i was wonder how they fit?
Yes, it will fit.

Originally Posted by badv8S10
Would i loose power with the 4 inch? any information would be appreciated
You will most definatly lose power over a normal cat-back. The 4 inch system is for major CI or H/C systems. Even the 3.5 inch system is too big for almost all set-ups.

Also, the flowmaster muffler does not flow very well according to most people.

My best advice would be to avoid the Mufflex systems all together and just get a normal catback. I have a magnaflow and it flows very well and sounds very good IMHO.

www.ls1sounds.com for all the sound clips you will ever need

What are the rest of the specs on your cam?
Old 03-16-2005, 09:19 AM
12 Second Club

I'd go with a 3.5 system with the spintech muffler if you don't want to change mufflers, or go with either a round magnaflow race muffler, or dynomax ultraflo race muffler. IMO, me personally, I hate flowmaster, just because everyone has it, so I would pick the spintech. I just picked up a 3.5 Mufflex with single exit flowmaster and will be putting a dynomax ultraflo muffler on it in place of the flowmaster so we'll see how it works out.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:16 AM
10 Second Club

4 inch is to big unless you got a big stroker engine. 3.5 max!