Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the difference with headers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What is the difference with headers?

How you doin? I'm just starting to get into cars. For the past couple of years all i've been doing is studying other people's work, learning from their mistakes, and learning something new everyday. I have a question that not alot of people have helped me out with. Headers! I want to get headers for my car, but what is the difference? There is long tubes, shorties, and med size headers. What do i get? I've seen long tube headers on cars, and i've seen how far they stick out from the bottom of the car. You can risk damaging them if you hit a pot-hole or something. So what should i get? I have a 99 SS Camaro. I'm in the Navy and i can't mess around with it much, but since i'm getting out in July, i'm going to put alot of time and money into my baby. So anybody out there, what is something you would recommand me putting on my car? Just so you guys know, i've spent some money on my car. I got a Borla exhaust and would like to know what could be added to make it sound nicer.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

so long as you stay away from SLP longtube headers then you will probablly be fine with them hanging low. in my opinion if i was buying headers again i would do it right the first tome and get a set of QTP longtubes or a set of Kooks. stainless will last u a long time and they are some of the best performing headers. i have SLP's now and will be switching them out for Kooks or QTP's soon. spend the $$ and get the good stuff first time around. good luck with your mods...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

read the STICKY on Exhaust by JRP here on the External Engine forum
Old 03-22-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

QTP, Kooks, and FLP are great headers. However, they are really expensive. I would recommend Pacesetters Long tubes. Than's what I've got and they look just as good (ceramic coating) and fit just as good. Plus, plenty of ground clearance. My car is lowered an inch, they tuck nice and they haven't touched the ground once. Of coarse I don't go flying over RR tracks at 80+mph. But you get the idea.