Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help With Header Choice Please.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help With Header Choice Please.

I know there have probably been A MILLION threads about this. And I have listened to the soundclips at the top of the forum but I have a few questions.

I am within a budget, I am not going to spend A TON on headers such as QTP. The last camaro that I had, I put on Pacesetter LTs with a Pacesetter Y-pipe. But the Y-pipe had some clearance issues because it wouldn't fit well up close to the floorboard of the car. So the little bracket that holds the Y-pipe level on it, constantly would snap in half and i would constantly have to have it welded back together (about 3 times in 4 months) I liked the sound that came from them, but after the issues I had with them, I was thinking of something different this time maybe. Maybe something a little louder

I want a MEANNNN sounding exhaust. I will not have a catback. The setup I am looking for is: headers, Y-pipe, bullet muffler, and dumping it with a turndown after the bullet muffler. So what headers will have intimidating sound Im back in the game again Thanks for all your help!

Oh, and I wont keep cats on the car. So what will I need to do to keep the check engine light off? Is there anything I can do for that? What about 02 simms?
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Jet Hott/Kooks headers
Dr Gas X-pipe for..
3" true duals with some sweet thunders or moroso spiral flows
O2 Simms

will be very mean sounding
Old 03-31-2005, 08:42 AM
Launching!

How much additional hp do you get from just adding LT headers?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:10 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LTs + Catted Y: I gained almost 30hp/tq
Old 03-31-2005, 12:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS GIRL
So the little bracket that holds the Y-pipe level on it, constantly would snap in half and i would constantly have to have it welded back together (about 3 times in 4 months) ?
Next time make a better bracket. Sometimes you have to modify the parts you're given or purchased.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BBQLS1
Next time make a better bracket. Sometimes you have to modify the parts you're given or purchased.
yes but it was very inconvenient. I hated having to bring it to a shop or ask a buddy to weld it for me again. i know people with hookers who never had that problem.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS GIRL
yes but it was very inconvenient. I hated having to bring it to a shop or ask a buddy to weld it for me again. i know people with hookers who never had that problem.
What I was saying is make a completely new part from scratch and make it twice at thick. Look for a raw material at Home Depot or something.