Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car misses sometimes but goes away....?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car misses sometimes but goes away....?

recently my cars been acting weird.... long time ago when i did my headers my buddy ripped one of my plug wires.... he put it back together and we went on with the install.... the car was fine.... just recently the car started to miss really badly.....but than it goes away when i rev it up or just stop for a lil bit.... i thought maybe it was that plug wire having a loose connection... i bought new wires.... taylor thundervolts... the car still has the same problem but it doesnt do it for as long of a period of time as it use too.... you guys think its a coil? or maybe the plugs going bad? the plugs are decently new probably have around 8k miles on them...
Old 04-08-2005, 02:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tomss99
recently my cars been acting weird.... long time ago when i did my headers my buddy ripped one of my plug wires.... he put it back together and we went on with the install.... the car was fine.... just recently the car started to miss really badly.....but than it goes away when i rev it up or just stop for a lil bit.... i thought maybe it was that plug wire having a loose connection... i bought new wires.... taylor thundervolts... the car still has the same problem but it doesnt do it for as long of a period of time as it use too.... you guys think its a coil? or maybe the plugs going bad? the plugs are decently new probably have around 8k miles on them...
The plug could have fouled because of the bad wire I suppose. You should hook up A-tap, or something similar, and see if you are reading misfires on any of the cylinders. It could be a lot of things.
Old 04-08-2005, 10:06 AM
Launching!

yeah true.... ill try to get a hold of one.... it only likes to miss once in a while for a short period of time.... than goes away...
Old 04-08-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomss99
yeah true.... ill try to get a hold of one.... it only likes to miss once in a while for a short period of time.... than goes away...
tom, best bet would be auto tap, a tech 2, or oscilliscope but (chances are no one you know will have one of them) definatly A-tap it and see whats going on, is it throwing any misfire codes?
Old 04-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Launching!

nope not throwing any misfire codes.... maybe because it only misses for like one or two seconds than goes away when i throw it a lil rev...
Old 04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

It could even be your fuel filter if you have not changes it recently. It could be a lot of things. That's why I maintain the heck out of my cars. When I have weird problems, a lot of the easy stuff has already been done as routine maintenance.

Quick Reply: car misses sometimes but goes away....?