Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car run one one o2 sensor????

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default car run one one o2 sensor????

well i know it will becuase it did..my question is do i have a problem? i was running open stock manifolds today to drive it to the exhaust shop so they could weld on my y pipe..obviously since the y has the pssgr side o2 in it..it was not hooked up..the backs were turned off when i got my tune done. i went back to stock and was just going to drive it to the exhaust shop on teh one sensor and the ses light never came on..does the car have to go so many miles before it will throw a code? i only drove it about 10 miles rountrip before it was hooked back up ..just making sure nothings wrong..
thanks
matt
Old 04-13-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing should be wrong but the car should have been running rich. Now was it screwed into the manifold and not plugged in or not screwed into the manifold and plugged in? I'm guessing it just want plugged in. I believe the PCM would figure out it's not there and just run off the 1 O2 it has while in closed loop.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car will normally do 2-3 starts before it throws a code for the o2's, it has something to do with number of times going into closed loop.

I drove my car 550 miles without sensors, open loop, no problems.
Ryan