Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Catted Y Pipe Q?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TSP Catted Y Pipe Q?

Is this thing supposed to be slip fit all the way around? It looks like an attempt to make it slip fit was made but all the pieces don't quite go together...only only one of the pieces actually slip fits on mine...i thought only the headers wouldn't slip fit
Old 04-24-2005, 10:22 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Yep, my TSP ORY was all slip fit. There was one pipe that was being a pain in the *** though. I just had to wrestle around with it, and eventually it went in. You might want to get in contact with TSP. They might need to ship you some new pipes, because they are supposed to be slip fit. Also check to make sure you have all the correct pipes.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i thought everything would be slip fit...i'm gonna try a pipe expander and then give TSP a call if that doesn't work
Old 04-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Temple, TX Resident

yeah my tsp ory has the same problem it sucks its just kinda hangin there for now till i cant get it fixed ... cant slip it into my I pipe and the pipe on the driver side isnt much of a slip fit either
Old 04-25-2005, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Mine's giving me a tantrum right now too! The "cat" sections and single pipe section all slip fit perfectly when put together individually, but then the actual "y" section doesn't quite fit right.
As of now I've got it all together and on the headers, but not a singe pipe is all the way on and the "Y" section isn't lining up quite right (not pointed straight to rear of car). I've been killing it with a dead blow, I'm gonna just keep trying till it all fits or something breaks!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:22 PM
Temple, TX Resident

i tried a pipe expander on mine tonight and worked for 3 hours and still couldnt get the damn thing on right it sucks i have the y pipe on but its not connected to the i pipe soo i have the y and the i help up with a bracket and zip ties =( untill the midas man gets back in town ..... i know he can fix it hes a cool guy .... has a silver ss runs 10.4s in the quarter
Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

i hit mine up with a pipe expander last night...everything looks good on the living room floor but i'll have to see how well it fits on the car when i get out of work