Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 Exhaust Manifolds w/aftermarket x-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 Exhaust Manifolds w/aftermarket x-pipe?

Ok, now before those with LTs jump in and tell me the obvious about how much more power LTs will provide, I know that!

What I am curious about is how much more performance (power) one could get using the stock Z06 exhaust manifolds with an after-market setup running from the exhaust manifolds through performance cats to the Z06 cat back. Something like the Random Tech High Flow cats with x-pipe.

The idea is to put together a better than stock exhaust system that doesn't have the additional noise transmission of LT headers, nor has the $1500 to $2000 price tag.

Additionally, would there be enough of a performance difference to warrantgoing with 3" versus 2.75" diameter pipes between the stock manifolds and the stock Z06 cat back?

Also, do you think such an exhaust system would support a mild (TR224/563/114) cam?

Of course, anyone with such a setup that can provide dyno or track numbers is Highly encouraged to do so.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember asking a similar question a while back and getting a similar response. You might have to be the pioneer on this one.