Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I found my raspy FLP/Borla "problem"!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I found my raspy FLP/Borla "problem"!!!!!!

Well, as you can see in my sig, I have the FLP headers, catted ypipe, and Borla catback. I also run the Z06 cam. I had the Borla 1/4 open and it was real raspy. I figured I would have to sell the catback and get another brand. As it turns out, the piece of crap band clamp which holds the ypipe to the catback came loose and the pipe was practically falling out. So, after a trip to my buddies exhaust shop today, and a little weld, my problem was fixed. I lit 'em up in the parking lot and the Borla was screaming. Driving home, the sound was more isolated to the rear of the car whereas before it was a drone(since the exhaust was practically falling off). Concluding, I found the raspy sound, I am keeping the exhaust, and IMHO this is the best sounding setup for exhaust. It has a nice rumbly idle and SCREAMS at WOT. By the way, I have no plate in the passenger tailpipe. I removed the plate all together. My car sounds awesome. Now after a full tune and dyno run, the slicks are going on and to the track I go! Whohoo.

Later!
Andy
Old 05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you have FLP Dynatech headers? I thought that the Supermaxx headers were just an FLP copy not a merged company between FLP and Dynatech.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy I bought the car off of said they were "FLP" headers. When I was looking on FLP's website, it shows the Dynatech SuperMAXX headers which look exactly like mine with the vclamps and whatnot. So I am assuming they are FLP Dynatech SuperMAXX LT's.

Andy
Old 05-12-2005, 12:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have FLP's w/GMMG no cats. And a cut out, it sounds great.