Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual Cut-outs

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help!!!! Dual Cut-outs

Here's the break down guys...

I've got Kooks SS 1 3/4 Headers to a 3" collector. This runs out through the Kooks 3" ORY to a GMMG with a bullet in the I-Pipe. I just ordered dual QTEC electric cut-outs. I just got off the phone with the exhaust shop and they said they probably won't fit. Does anyone else have these installed with my Y-pipe set up? I don't want one in the I pipe. My car's already loud. I want it to SCREAM.

Hopefully something can be done because I've seen the QTEC Y with the duals right after the primaries but I have a flat cross section on my Y for clearance...any advise guys?

Thanks!

D

Last edited by 02BlackBullet; 05-24-2005 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed a kooks ypipe this weekend and if yours tucks up like the one i installed there is no way the cutouts would fit. to get them to clear the floorboard you would have to angle them down so much it they would hit everything on the road

but your ypipe may hang down a little lower and give you more clearance
Old 05-24-2005, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this isn't a kooks ypipe, its my 3" hooker ypipe. Im just giving you an idea or what needs to be done.

In the next pic is the qtp's ypipe. (if it doesnt show here, view it at their website) In my opinion their ypipe is not worth the money ($650). Any guy at an exhaust shop with basic fabricating skills should be able to do this to your ypipe.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will second the qtp pipe not being worth the money. Just b/c you get the flowmaster merge...whhhooaaaa...what a steel. Have someone w/ minor experience custom fab you a pipe, thats what i did after making the mistake w/ buying this y-pipe. Its in the dump right now....500 down the tubes. Good luck.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the qtp dual cutout y, it was a PITA, and not worth it at all. I hated it.