Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coil Pack Signal wires????

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 06:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Coil Pack Signal wires????

Hey Guys,

Hows do the coil packs fire??? There are seven wires running throught the large white connector on the valve cover. ground, positive, reference, and four for each pack...How does the computer tell the coil to fire??? Positive? Negetive?

The reason I'm asking, my Drivers side coil packs keep going dead, It's weird, I can be driving for hours, then all of a sudden the left side cuts out....

I just want to know how it all works so I can check it out......I want to follow the wires from the PCM to the packs.

Thanks in advance.....
Old 05-28-2005, 07:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check for power at the coil pack. I had this problem recently and it turned out to ba a wierd fuse issue. With the key on you should be power to the big pink wire on the connector. You should also have power to one side of the injector connector. Pull a clip off the injector and check. On the fron fuse block in the engine bay there are Inj1 and INj2 fuses. THe drivers side is INj2,

The problem I had was the fuse not making "good enough" contact and dropping power to the coil packs and injectors.

HTH and good luck.

Quick Reply: Coil Pack Signal wires????