Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Header Install Question..im Desperate

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Header Install Question..im Desperate

EDIT: 6/5/05
My headers are all bolted up with the exception of the 4 sensors underneath the car. I have Pacesetter LTs with TSP TD'd and no longer have cats. Im a little confused on what plugs into what now??? I have the extensions but do I plug the fronts w/ extenstions onto the headers or the rears w/ extensions onto the headers??? and where would the others go??? can i just unplug them and take them off since there are no cats?? Please Help!!
.................................................. .................................................. ...

old question;

I did a lot of searches and have been trying to follow a write up on my Pacesetter LTs. This is my first time doing anything like this so Ive been going pretty slow. The whole process of taking everything off was simple but now I have my headers bolted in (-2 bolts on the pass. side) and Im confused Hopefully I can try and describe my situation for some help

On the Passenger side header (pacesetters for a 98' camaro) there are two hook ups at around the #2 cylinder. Im thinking AIR and EGR. However, one of the hook ups is blocked off with a plate but even after removing the two bolts from the plate..it looks as if its blocked off permanently cuz the plate wont come off. Now there is a hose that runs from the top of the intake/tb area and under something else. next to that hose is another hose that looks as if it is supposed to be hooked up to the header where it is blocked off. What the hell am I supposed to hook up to this stuff?? There would still be one other hook up coming off the header that I have no idea what to connect to it???

Maybe someone can help out here..hopefully that made sense a little

Last edited by dgallow; 06-05-2005 at 06:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is the blockoff plate on the header tac welded or something? Did you get the headers used?

The input that's being blocked off is your EGR. If you can't get that plate off, you can always just remove your EGR.

Originally Posted by dgallow
I did a lot of searches and have been trying to follow a write up on my Pacesetter LTs. This is my first time doing anything like this so Ive been going pretty slow. The whole process of taking everything off was simple but now I have my headers bolted in (-2 bolts on the pass. side) and Im confused Hopefully I can try and describe my situation for some help

On the Passenger side header (pacesetters for a 98' camaro) there are two hook ups at around the #2 cylinder. Im thinking AIR and EGR. However, one of the hook ups is blocked off with a plate but even after removing the two bolts from the plate..it looks as if its blocked off permanently cuz the plate wont come off. Now there is a hose that runs from the top of the intake/tb area and under something else. next to that hose is another hose that looks as if it is supposed to be hooked up to the header where it is blocked off. What the hell am I supposed to hook up to this stuff?? There would still be one other hook up coming off the header that I have no idea what to connect to it???

Maybe someone can help out here..hopefully that made sense a little
Old 06-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Teching In

yea..i got them used..

how would i get rid of the EGR??

Last edited by dgallow; 06-04-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:47 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you can remove both the AIR and EGR. However, I just noticed that you are in california where everyone is **** about emissions. removign these systems will throw the check engine light and will probibly cause you to not pass CA emissions. However, I do not live in CA so I do not know how bad it actually is. there is a link in JRP exhaust mod guide that shows exactly how to remove both systems. I removed mine in about 30 minutes. the easiest thing to do would be to remove both air and erg if you can get around it.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:50 PM
Teching In

since there is a block off plate on the EGR is there any way I could still just bolt it on for the time being or will that cause problems?? I just need to finish this up today if I can
Old 06-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Teching In

and i accidently misplaced or lost 2 of the header bolts on the pass side will it be ok to run it like this?? they have loc tite on all the rest and are all torqued down properly.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

don't run the car without all of the header bolts if at all possible. unless thats ur only way to get to a parts store or dealership. u will have leaks
Old 06-04-2005, 06:34 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

you pacesetters didn't come with new botls? You perobibly could runwithout the two bolts but that will probibly lead to a leak.
Old 06-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Teching In

i just used the bolts that came w/ the headers so i wont have to worry about the leaks. Thanks for the info!!

what about the EGR. Can I bolt that up for the time being even tho there is a block off plate on that?? will that cause any problems??
Old 06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

sprry forgot to add, If i am understanding you right you want to bolt the egr back onto the header. i'm not sure if that would work because you might burn out the pump? I have no idea how ERG works. you could always try it and see what happens.
Old 06-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Teching In

if i burn the pump out i could just remove the EGR at that time couldnt I??

I might have to give it a try and see what happens if I dont get any other response on it soon. If I do..hopefully nothing else results from it.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:15 PM
Teching In

new question up top. please help..im confused cuz im a newbie
Old 06-05-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

hook up your O2 sensors to the front two plugs. with the rear 2, either run O2 sims or have them tuned out. if nothing is doen to them, a SES light will come on, but it will not affect perfomance. i just put electrical tape on mine to seal them up. how are u getting away with LTs, no cats, and true duals in california? from what i know, u ARE going to fail emmisions testing on visual alone, never mind the sniffer test. u might as well delete EGR with that setup.