Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maf??

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Maf??

hey guys, this is probably going to be a stupid ? but how can i tell if i have an aftermarket maf sensor? it looks aftermarket, there is no screen in it, just three wires. it doesnt look like it has any aftermarket name on it though either?? if it is not aftermarket should i get an aftermarket one, i just ordered an slp CAI system from lmperformance, and some people use the maf sensor in conjunction with the CAI system. Also for any of you who have ordered from lm performance, how long does it take to ship?? thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It may very well be a descreened stock peice. Is there bars through the middle of the ends. More than likley the sensor is stock, but the ends may be aftermarket. I probably wouldn't get aftermarket/ported maf ends unless you can tune for them.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep the stocker, there is nothing wrong with the stock one for what your looking for at the moment.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:28 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im sorry im confused what do you mean when you ask, are there bars running through the middle of the ends?? it has three wires with small resistors on them.