Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best way to clean MAF?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best way to clean MAF?

Mines got 60K, never been cleaned, it looks a little dirty. What is the best way to clean it safely?
Old 06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Default Clean

If you are talkin about the screen on the MAF, i would just remove it all together. the only purpose the mini honeycomb screen serves is to straighten the airflow right before it enters the intake. There is no real use for it on an F body or Vette since air flow is straight neways. It was really designed for the trucks and suvs where the air makes 90* turns and isnt in a straight line. Just be gentle around the sensors and push it out. I used a small screwdriver to get it started and it just popped right out.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:33 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bass685
If you are talkin about the screen on the MAF, i would just remove it all together. the only purpose the mini honeycomb screen serves is to straighten the airflow right before it enters the intake. There is no real use for it on an F body or Vette since air flow is straight neways. It was really designed for the trucks and suvs where the air makes 90* turns and isnt in a straight line. Just be gentle around the sensors and push it out. I used a small screwdriver to get it started and it just popped right out.
No thanks, I'm not yanking it out, to much crap makes it past the filter....not worth it....

So how do I clean the thing, anyone?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Leave the screen in. Get a can of electrical contact cleaner and spray the maf with it, let it dry before you reinstall.